Monday, March 02, 2009

San Diego Fashion Meet-up




Last week I had the pleasure of attending a Fashion Industry Networking Mixer, hosted by FOCUS (Fashion Opportunities Connect US.) The event was held at WildSide Photography Studio in North Park.
I met up with Drea and Paloma, students and stylists who work with designer Stacie May. I first met them at the Kevan Christine photo shoot we did a few weeks ago (see previous post.) An interview of them will be coming in the very first installment of a Vlog/show I am producing. Stay tuned!

I also had the chance to catch up with a few designers I know
! A
nnie Supinger of Eclectic Couture, Isha B. of Chocolate Cherries, and designer Brooke Mrdjenovich. Brooke carries her own line, Brooke Catherine, on her online boutique BCatThreads! In addition to her own line she also carries Eclectic Couture, Chocolate Cherries and my line, Black Heart Bunny!

The guest speaker was Ms Crosby Noricks of, the #1 Fashion PR Blog, PRCouture. Besides being a superstar blogger, she has a long and impressive resume which includes Social Media Strategist at Red Door Interactive and PR instructor for the Fashion Marketing and Management Program at the Art Institute.
She is endearing, witty, insightful and her talk was very motivating.
Besides providing insight into the world Fashion PR and the power of blogging, she also shared with us what fashion means to her on an intimate level. The story behind the her mother's mini dress which she was wearing as a blouse that evening was especially moving.
I was first introduced to Ms Noricks' work
when she started following me on Twitter. She eloquently explained how sharing ones personal and professional experiences in this medium builds relationships in a way that other forms of social media cannot. I personally adore Twitter. It has helped me connect with other professionals in a way I could never have otherwise. It's an amazing and useful tool and I urge everyone to a chance if you haven't already.

Follow me (Black Heart Bunny) on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/blackheartbunny

Follow Crosby Noriks AKA PR Couture:
http://twitter.com/PR_Couture

Check out the PR Couture Blog: www.prcouture.com/

All Photos: Thomas Phillip


4 comments:

Isquisofrenia said...

girl, you know it, those boots are so gorgeous and they are so comfy
=)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the write-up and mentions of PR Couture - sorry we weren't able to connect during the event (though I feel like we are friends already...they are the only ones "allowed" to call me Ms. Noricks!)

Lyndsay Cabildo said...

That's great! I wish to have Fashion Bloggers Gathering like this back home(Philippines) too! So awesome! Meeting other fashion bloggers in person is cool, it's creating fashion community in real life not just online. Wow!

GodLuck Organizers said...

Thanks for the great write-up. We hope to continue to connect the fashion industry through monthly events - www.focusSD.org.

my best!
Felena Hanson